Our pedagogical system is based on personalised programmes and individual support for students. France Langue has developed a method and a pace of progression as well as tailored activities so that each student can reach his/her set objectives according to the CEFR* (around 100 hours for levels A1 & A2, 150 hours from level B1).
* Common European Framework of Reference
The strengths of our teaching methods
France Langue has developed a rewarding and effective method based on active learning.
Immersion begins in our classrooms: students put the language into practice to draw on their knowledge, skills and reflexes to use in real situations.
Students are constantly interacting in both written and oral French and are therefore active in their learning. The working atmosphere in our France Langue schools is both friendly and serious; the pace is dynamic and steady to actively develop the language skills of students. From the point of view of our students, this means, « I’m learning, I’m enjoying learning, I’m actively participating so I’m progressing ».
Teaching materials used in class include recent books, audio and video documents, newspaper articles, internet resources, literature and material specifically developed by our teachers. Activities promote communication so that students can adapt themselves to different types of situation (day-to-day, educational, social, economic or professional).
Classes are organised according to level (from A1 level to C1 following the Common European Framework of Reference) and learning objectives.
OUR PROGRAMMES OFFER FLEXIBILITY AND VARIETY
- Classes which start every week (except for beginners), all year long, and for the time period of your choice
- Courses offered for a variety of periods, from a week to a term, depending on your availability and your objectives (university, professional or personal)
- A wide range of courses (General French, themed courses, Au pair programmes, Specialised French, French and leisure activities) to suit your profile (professional, student, au pair, Francophile) and your needs.
PERSONALISED PROGRAMMES AND LEARNING SUPPORT
- A tailored test is included to evaluate your skills and level before you arrive, giving you the information you need to choose the right course
- The option of being advised or oriented in your choice by a qualified teacher before your programme beginse
- The option of meeting regularly with an advisor, who can provide personalised teaching support to ensure your progress
Do you know the common european framework of reference for languages (CEFR)?
It is a tool developed by the Council of Europe to define the mastery of a foreign language like French, according to different criteria. Since 2001, this is a reference in the field of learning and teaching French.