French courses: 20 lessons / week (15h)
Initial level test: Monday morning 9 am to 10 am
French lessons: Monday 10.10 am to 12.30 pm and from Tuesday to Friday 9 am to 12.30 pm (20 mn break)
• Development of all 4 main language skills: speaking, reading, writing and listening with a focus on oral communication: teachers encourage students to interact as much as possible and actively use what they learn in class
• Native speakers, university-graduate teachers
•Dedicated classes for teens in the School Sainte-Marie in Biarritz: 14 students per class maximum
Surf or Multi-activities: 4 sessions / week
Swim test: Monday morning 8 am for new students on the “Plage du port vieux”, 10 minutes away from school
Sports sessions: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons
• 4 sessions of 1.5 hours. Timetable will vary according to the tides and weather conditions
• Fully-qualified instructors from our partner surf school
• Lessons adapted to the needs and levels of the participants: groups of 8 students maximum
• All material provided by the surf school (wetsuits and boards – changing rooms and showers available)
• 4 sport initiation sessions per week: rock climbing, rafting, hiking, sea-kayaking, golf, surf…
• The programme changes every day and every week: you will practice 4 different sports during the week
• Each activity is supervised by a qualified professional or a France Langue representative
• Groups of 8 to 12 students
Social activities : 4 sessions per week (before or after surfing/multi-activities) to allow students to practice French together before or after the activity: football matches, beach volley contests, quizzes, photo contests, treasure hunts…
Excursions to discover the Basque country: half-day excursion on Wednesday afternoon and full-day excursion on Saturday (Bayonne, St Jean de Luz, St Jean Pied de Port, Espelette, la Rhune…)
Evenings to encourage interaction: 1 evening activity per week on Friday (evening on the beach, bowling, cinema…). The other evenings are free or spent with the family to practise French.
Full board accommodation
Homestay: carefully selected host families located in Biarritz or Anglet (30 min. max by bus from school). Twin rooms with two teens of the same gender.
Meals: breakfast, dinners and Sunday lunches are taken in the host families’ homes. Packed lunches are provided for weekdays and excursions. Special dietary requirements can be catered for if the school is informed at the time of booking.
A group leader runs the activity programme and supervises the students. The supervision ratio is 1 to 8 for water activities and 1 to 12 for other activities and excursions. The school requires a signed health form for each student (with medical history and requirements). For insurance policy and safety reasons, the curfew is set at 11 pm on weekdays and at 00.30 am on Saturday night.
Students can either walk or take the bus together to school. All the details will be given before the start of the course. Host families will also be able to help with the itinerary. Bus pass not included (approx. 12€ per week).
Return transfers are included from Biarritz airport or train station. Host families will pick the students up on arrival and drop them off on departure. Students should arrive on Sunday afternoon and leave on Saturday morning. Travel details must be confirmed 15 days before arrival (point of arrival, time, flight number…).