For a worry-free stay, remember to check all your administrative papers ahead of time (ID card, passport, visa, residence permit or titre de séjour, etc.) because official paperwork can take a long time to process. The documents you require will depend on your country of origin. European Union members only need a valid ID card to enter and study in France. Non-members of the European Union must have a valid passport (check that this will remain valid during your entire stay) and a visa. The visa enables you to enter the country and request your residence permit, called a titre de séjour in France. SOURCE : letudiant.fr