Biarritz, a surfers’ paradise! Open and cosmopolitan, Biarritz is a prime surfing destination and one of France’s most welcoming towns. Come and discover the pearl of the Basque coast!. This is a highly accessible course, perfect for thrill-seekers, set in a city that lives and breathes “surf culture"!
Course key features
French lessons - 20 lessons per week
- Development of all 4 main language skills: speaking, reading, writing and listening and focus on oral communication
- Improve vocabulary and core grammar skills
- Develop knowledge of French culture and civilization
- Speak and write with fluency and accuracy in every day situation, for professional and/or academic purposes according to the learners' goals and levels in French.
Course organisation and content
- Initial level test on Monday morning
- Intensive or Super intensive courses: 26 or 30 lessons per week with 20 lessons of general French and workshops:
- Level A1: 3 worshops of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Level A2: 3 to 5 worshops of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Levels B1, B2, C1: 3 to 5 workshops of reading, writing, speaking, or listening skills and/or culture and/or exam preparation.
- International classes of 12 students
- Homogeneous grouping of students: students are placed in classes according to the results of the initial level test
- Schedule: classes may take place in the morning or in the afternoon; Please contact us for more information.
- Qualified, experienced, native French teachers
- Communicative and task-based approach
- Groups of no more than 12 students to give each learner a bigger amount of time to speak and to encourage conversation and interaction
- Continuous assessment
- Extra study outside class
- Attendance and participation required for fast learning
- Course certificate based on the number of hours and level in French
Course key features
- Programmes open to all levels
- A learning pace tailored to your needs
- Courses begin every Monday, all year round (except for beginners: fixed start dates) and for the duration of your choice (1 to 12 weeks)
- Individualised educational follow-up to guarantee the best progression
Surf lessons - 5 sessions / week
Monday to Friday afternoon sessions of 1.5 hours - Exact times vary according to tide
Surf lessons take place on the famous Côte des Basques beach, located 10 minutes walking distance from the school. On this beach participants can expect a wide range of waves for all levels. On the first day, an instructor collects the students and takes them to the beach. On the following days students make their own way to the location. Subject to the weather, we may sometimes need to take the students to other beaches (in which case transport will be included).
- Fully-qualified instructors of our partner surf school
- Small groups of 8 students maximum
- The sessions are held in French and are adapted to the level and requirements of participants
- All material provided by the surf school (wetsuits and boards)
Choose your accommodation
Looking for a full immersion with locals, or a moment-sharing experience with other world travelers? France Langue offers a wide variety of high quality accommodations that will fit all tastes and budgets! Host families, apart’hotels, residences, etc. Travel worry-free, everything will be taken care of for you!
For junior programmes, please note that accommodation is included in the price, so please do not fill out this category ! For Au pair programmes, please contact the family you are woorking for, to organise your accommodation.
RESIDENCES: FROM €20/NIGHT
The perfect accommodation for independent students who want to meet other world travelers!
HOST FAMILIES: FROM €31/NIGHT
Immerse yourself in the French culture and improve your language skills at a reasonable price!