The city of Bordeaux has been on the UNESCO World Heritage Centre list since 2007. It is inscribed as “an outstanding urban and architectural ensemble”. The city counts more than 350 listed buildings and buildings registered as French Historical Monuments. This programme will enable you to further your French whilst sharing the wealth of Bordeaux and its county, including its gastronomy!
Course key features
French lessons - 20 lessons per week
- Development of all 4 main language skills: speaking, reading, writing and listening and focus on oral communication
- Improve vocabulary and core grammar skills
- Develop knowledge of French culture and civilization
- Speak and write with fluency and accuracy in every day situation, for professional and/or academic purposes according to the learners' goals and levels in French.
Course organisation and content
- Initial level test on Monday morning
- Intensive or Super intensive courses: 26 or 30 lessons per week with 20 lessons of general French and workshops:
- Level A1: 3 worshops of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Level A2: 3 to 5 worshops of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Levels B1, B2, C1: 3 to 5 workshops of reading, writing, speaking, or listening skills and/or culture and/or exam preparation.
- International classes of 12 students
- Homogeneous grouping of students: students are placed in classes according to the results of the initial level test
- Schedule: classes may take place in the morning or in the afternoon; Please contact us for more information.
- Qualified, experienced, native French teachers
- Communicative and task-based approach
- Groups of no more than 12 students to give each learner a bigger amount of time to speak and to encourage conversation and interaction
- Continuous assessment
- Extra study outside class
- Attendance and participation required for fast learning
- Course certificate based on the number of hours and level in French
Course key features
- Programmes open to all levels
- A learning pace tailored to your needs
- Courses begin every Monday, all year round (except for beginners: fixed start dates) and for the duration of your choice (1 to 12 weeks)
- Individualised educational follow-up to guarantee the best progression
Discovery of the county of Bordeaux - 4 sessions / week
4 trips or excursions based on Bordeaux and its surroundings, from Monday to Saturday
You will find below some examples of excursions and activities, which will be on offer depending on the period of your stay. This list isn’t exhaustive.
Museum of Aquitaine, monuments Tower Pey Berland and Porte Cailhau, visit of archaeological site of Saint-Seurin and Palais Gallien, visit including tasting at the Museum of wine, Museum of Decorative Arts and Design, Museum of Contemporary Art (CAPC), visit of the interactive scientific exposition at Cap Sciences
Visit of a listed Château(castle) and Village de Saint-Emilion (including wine tasting), visit of 2 Châteaux and the county of Medoc (including wine tasting), visit of 2 Châteaux of the county of Blaye-Bourg (including wine tasting), visit of 2 Châteaux of the county of Graves-Sauternes (including wine tasting)
Cultural trip: Land and Ocean, cruise boat, typical tour including Cadillac, Citadelle of Blave, Arsins islands, Ile Nouvelle, Arcachon – the Pyla, Saint Emilion
Vineyard style aperitif on a cruise boat, cookery school presenting regional recipes (3 dishes and tasting), French Patisserie class (including tasting), wine tasting class, lunch on board of the River cruise boat of Bordeaux (drinks not included), traditional French meal with wine pairing
Choose your accommodation
Looking for a full immersion with locals, or a moment-sharing experience with other world travelers? France Langue offers a wide variety of high quality accommodations that will fit all tastes and budgets! Host families, apart’hotels, residences, etc. Travel worry-free, everything will be taken care of for you!
For junior programmes, please note that accommodation is included in the price, so please do not fill out this category ! For Au pair programmes, please contact the family you are woorking for, to organise your accommodation.
HOST FAMILIES: FROM €30/NIGHT
Immerse yourself in the French culture and improve your language skills at a reasonable price!
RESIDENCES: FROM €41/NIGHT
The perfect accommodation for independent students who want to meet other world travelers!
APART'HOTELS: FROM €49/NIGHT
Stay in a private apartment with the services of a hotel! You will feel like a guest in your own home!
HOTELS: FROM €97/NIGHT
Enjoy the all inclusive hotel service for an amazing stay in France!